TWENTY WORST CRIMES OF THE
1) THEFT OF OUR LAND is the
European's first crime. We never gave up ownership of our
lands, nor did we invite Europeans onto our lands.
2) DECEIT AND DISHONOR by Europeans
included violating laws and showing unethical, immoral
behaviors towards Natives. They killed most of our people,
enslaved the rest, and committed uncountable crimes against
3) Europeans used RACIST TERRORISM to shock us into giving
them control of our land and lives.
4) European PIRACY stole our people's wealth of good land,
precious jewels, gold, silver, and other valuables.
5) VANDALISM was carried out against our civilizations,
cultures, physical landscapes, and the psychological
well-being of our peoples.
6) The KIDNAPPING of our people violates a nations' sense
of decency, law, and civilized behavior.
7) Europeans use EXTORTION to get our lands. They
usually killed their victims, even when ransom was paid.
8) MURDER OF OUR LEADERS was a
vicious, dishonorable crime. Deceit was often involved in the murder
of our leaders.
European MASSACRES of unarmed Native civilian men, women, and
children first happened in the dozens, and then the
hundreds. That led to the routine slaughter of thousands.
10) GENOCIDE was made possible because diseases that Europeans were immune
to were often fatal to Natives.
This biological weapon was 90% - 98% effective in killing us.
11) TORTURE AND MUTILATION was first used to force Natives
to surrender their gold. Later, the church used these
methods to force confessions or church conversions out of our
12) GRAVE ROBBERY is a way of quickly stealing unguarded
13) ENSLAVEMENT OF OUR PEOPLE to do their work has been another nasty European
14) The total DESTRUCTION OF CITIES to remove the pride in our
heritage was almost a successful European
15)The BURNING OF LIBRARY BOOKS --in the tens of thousands--
is among the most devastating crimes.
16) Europeans DESTROYED NATIVE UNIVERSITIES & SCHOOLS
our ignorance and serve their own interests.
BIAS defiled us as nations and created racism that says: More
European blood is better.
18) CULTURAL GENOCIDE was created through laws which
prohibited Native people from having their cultures,
languages, and identities.
19) PROHIBITION OF OUR THEOLOGY which forced Christianity on our people.
20) The CONTINUATIONS OF THESE CRIMES continues to the
Village Home Page